Sunday, July 17, 2011

History in the Making


What a cheesy title. Well, get over it. I think there is a certain degree of cheesiness required in life. The reason I chose this cheeeeeesy title is because I had a lot of rad 'firsts' this week. I know, the cheesiness is just amplified now because if you dig deep enough, everyone has or does a 'first' something every day. Is that history? I guess so. But I live in the south, people. So my firsts are cool. And now I am blogging about them.

1. Went to the last Harry Potter midnight showing of my life.
And was tired enough (and had to work soon enough after) that I didn't even dress up.
Notice the cool shirt. Haha I love TN.



2. Went to my first Baseball game! And I loved it. I just felt like saying Gooo Amurrica the whole time. My friends here all tease me for my slightly extreme patriotism and general over-enthusiasm for life. Well I was excited, needless to say.

The Nashville Sounds beat the Albaquerque Isotopes (I know! And I thought I was nerdy!) in a double-header.
And I had to have a picture with the lovely David!



3. Went Canoeing on the Harpeth with all of our friends from the Program. It was soo fun! Bola and I pretty much rocked it (once we got the hang out how to row and steer).

And what you can't see is my knee gushing blood after I hit it pretty hard on a rock...
So Bola carried me back from the parking structure. What a good teammate.



4. We even stopped at the very southern Cracker Barrel for lunch afterward.
And we didn't forget about Goo Goo Clusters and Moon Pies, both made in TN!


5. And today after church I made some delicious basil grape Focaccia Bread with a recipe adapted from the recipe on this food blog.

The grapes burst a little bit when they cook. Good touch. Next time I'll try Olives.


And it was delicious.
And they all lived happily ever after.

1 comment:

  1. A world without "cheesiness" is a sad, sad world, so bravo on your own brand of cheese. I'm loving hearing about your adventures, grape focaccia, bloody knees and all!

    ReplyDelete